Last but definitely not least, we have the Marshall Bluesbreaker. This is an absolute legend of a tube amp, having been used by almost all the greats for nearly 60 years.
As Marshall have updated the design of this amp, it has somehow got better and better. Nowadays, getting a Bluesbreaker gives you access to the iconic tones of this legendary Marshall amp, whilst also having the reliability and fidelity of a modern tube amp.
The wiring in this amp is hand built. This means that you can be assured that the amp has been lovingly constructed, rigorously tested, and will last for years. The build quality of this amp is simply incredible, and obvious as soon as you see it – there are no ugly machine-made solders, but rather a hand-crafted design that has clearly been built by an expert.
If you are a blues guitarist, you will already know about this amp, of course. However, even if you play rock or jazz, it is worth testing this amp out. The clear, bright tone, with just a hint of lovely distortion, fits most genres really well.
Of course, this amp also has several more advantages:
Last but definitely not least, we have the Marshall Bluesbreaker. This is an absolute legend of a tube picture of Marshall 1962 Bluesbreakeramp, having been used by almost all the greats for nearly 60 years.
- It delivers more than enough power for most set ups. With 30 watts of glorious sound, the amp is more than loud enough for the practice room, and can even play small gigs. If you suddenly make it, and get booked on a stadium tour, don’t worry, though – the amp works extremely well with PS systems too!
- The speakers in this amp are, in themselves, legendary. The Celestion Greenback 12 inch speaker is a perfect pairing for the valves in this amp, and has been a great combination since way back in the 1960s!
- The amp also looks great. All that brushed gold gives it a really vintage feel, and the 1960s styling always looks great, whether the amp is standing in the corner of your room or on stage!
- The build quality here is outstanding. The people we spoke to for this review praised the fact that this amp felt really sturdy, which is a must in an amp designed for gigging.
- Very few. If you are looking for a classic tube amp that will deliver all the jazz and blues tones you will ever need, go for this one.